Sotiris N Nikolopoulos PhD, MS | Founder and Scientific Director
SHORT CURRICULUM VITAE
- Apr 2007-current: President and Scientific Director, Center for Molecular Analysis and Research SA, Greece
- Sep 2001-July 2006: Fellow in Molecular and Cellular Oncology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- Sep 1998-Sep 2001: Fellow in Molecular and Cellular Biology, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Sep 1990- Dec 1996 PhD in Molecular and Cellular Biology, Fordham University, Bronx, NY
- May 1989- Sep 1990: Technologist II, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
- Sep 1987- May 1989 MS in Medical Biology (Immunology), Long Island University, Brookville, NY
- Sep 1982- May 1987 BS in Biology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens, Greece
HONORS / AWARDS
- National Institutes of Health (NIH) Fellowship, Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (July 2003-July 2006), Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY
- American Heart Association Fellowship, NY State Affiliate (July 1999 - June 2002), SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Postdoctoral fellowship, intramural SUNY (October 1998 - October 1999), SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, NY
- Presidential Fellowship, Fordham University, Bronx, NY (Sep 1993-Dec 1996), Bronx, NY
- Certificate of Merit for outstanding performance, dedication and effort in achieving the goals of North Shore University Hospital (April 1990), Manhasset, NY
- Dean’s award for academic excellence in graduate studies, School of Health Professions, Long Island University (May 1989), Brookville, NY
- Nikolopoulos SN, Spengler BA, Kisselbach K, Evans AE, Biedler JL, Ross RA (2000). Oncogene 19:380-386.
- Nikolopoulos SN and Turner CE (2000). Journal of Cell Biology 145:851-863.
- Nikolopoulos SN and Turner CE (2001). Journal of Biological Chemistry 276:23499-23505.
- Nikolopoulos SN and Turner CE (2002). Journal of Biological Chemistry 277:1568-1575.
- Nikolopoulos SN, Blaikie P, Yoshioka T, Guo W, Giancotti FG (2004). Cancer Cell 6:471-483.
- Nikolopoulos SN and Giancotti FG (2005). Cell Cycle 4(3):429-433.
- Nikolopoulos SN, Blaikie P, Yoshioka T, Guo W, Puri C, Tacchetti C, Giancotti FG (2005). Molecular and Cellular Biology 14: 6090-6102.